Washington, DC – Washington, DC-based Association Management Strategies, Inc. (AMS) announced it has begun providing association management services for the American Association of Consumer Credit Professionals (AACCP), effective February 2023.
The American Association of Consumer Credit Professionals (AACCP) represents dedicated consumer advocates from across the full consumer credit system. AACCP members serve as a trusted resource consumers use to understand and navigate the complex credit reporting ecosystem. While AACCP members provide traditional, accuracy-focused credit repair services directed at individual trade lines, the services that modern credit repair companies offer go beyond that. Taking a holistic approach to credit report advocacy, AACCP member companies are experienced, reputable credit repair companies that:
- Know the industry and the laws designed to protect consumers;
- Understand the circumstances of individual consumers to help them raise relevant questions with creditors and other furnishers of credit report information;
- Operate with integrity and maintain a strong focus on compliance with applicable statutes;
- Help consumers review, analyze and understand their credit reports in order to identify items that may need to be challenged and, if possible, changed;
- Advocate on behalf of consumers to resolve potential issues on their credit report with creditors/furnishers and the Consumer Reporting Agencies (CRAs a/k/a credit bureaus); and
- Educate consumers on their credit reports, how to build positive credit and encourage them to use credit responsibly.
The American Association of Consumer Credit Professionals will be supported by an experienced team of association management professionals at AMS, who will provide administrative, programmatic, membership, finance and accounting services.
John Heath, Director and President of the AACCP Board of Directors noted, “as the Board of the AACCP seeks to take the next step in leading the credit repair industry into the mainstream of the financial services ecosystem, the time has to come bring on an association management firm with the expertise to help us achieve our goals. After an exhaustive search, we are confident that AMS is by far the best partner to help us further professionalize the industry for the benefit of the consumers that rely on credit repair service providers.”
“We look forward to partnering with AACCP to help further their mission and strategic goals” said John Flatley, AMS President.
To learn more about AMS’s unique approach to association management click here.